Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Insert a record into EPOBranchNode table

I want to insert a record into EPOBranchNode table from a remote client. I want to use the /remote ePO web api. How do I execute query to insert data into this table?

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Insert a record into EPOBranchNode table

What are you trying to accomplish specifically? We don't support manually inserting data like that into the database, as there are related tables that would be affected and possibly cause inconsistencies.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response.

I want a node to be added, but how do I get to add it programmatically?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

I am attaching the web api scripting guide. On page 15 there is a command listed for importing a system.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Thank you.

Is system.importSystem api used to add a system into the system tree? If so, I would assume that it inserts a record into EPOBranchNode table, isn't it? 

I want to programatically add/remove entries into the system tree hierarchy.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

The epobranchnode table contains a list of they system tree groups, not system names. To add a new system, that would go into the epoleafnode table. If you want the system to go into a certain group, you would need to specify that or move the system to that group, but the system name will not show up in the epobranchnode table. If you are wanting to add system tree groups via api, I do not know if that is possible or not. You can use the web api help to get a list of all available commands.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community