cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have created the permission set in epo 5.10.0 and assigned to some group

I have created the permission set in epo 5.10.0 and assigned to some group. they can able to create new policy , but they can't able to edit existing policy. i have given the edit an change permission. Pls Help me on this
4 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: I have created the permission set in epo 5.10.0 and assigned to some group

Hi @User58227858 

Thanks of posting. Can you please let us know which specific product's policy you are facing this issue?

Can you share a screenshot of the permission set?

May I know if you are using a customer permission set or any of the default available ones?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Thussain
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

I suggest you to kindly select the View and change policy and task settings in Permission Set for the desired product as shown in the pic below

Each category includes two default policies, McAfee Default and My Default. You can't delete, edit, export, or rename these policies, but you can copy them and edit the copy.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27630/en_US/...

ENS Permission Set.PNGMA Permission Set.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

I suggest you to kindly select the View and change policy and task settings in Permission Set for the desired product as shown in the pic below

Each category includes two default policies, McAfee Default and My Default. You can't delete, edit, export, or rename these policies, but you can copy them and edit the copy.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27630/en_US/...

See the 1st Screeenshot.

Once that has been done please go to the particular point product policy and align the users to the policy/policies.

If you will see the 2nd Screenshot you will be able to see the highlighted part in that you will be able to see the Owner you need to click on the user in Owner , After clicking on Owner you will be able to see the all the users and you have to just click on the check box.

See the 2nd Screenshot.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

That is actually as designed.  A non-global admin can only create and modify their own specific policies, but can view others with those permissions set.  They will never be allowed to modify another admin's policies.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community