cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbsd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

How to use ePO db to find specific server task(s)?

Can anybody show some examples of how to query db for certain server tasks? For example, server tasks that to find 'inactive agents'.

I know there is GUI to manually set task to use existing 'query', but I'd like to run sql script to automate the process.

TIA

7 Replies
pbsd
Level 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to use ePO db to find specific server task(s)?

Using ePO 5.9

rackroyd
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Queries and Reports used in ePO have the facility to see the underlying Sql statements used through the ePO console, which may help you.

Look in the ePO 5.9.0 Product Guide for:

Table Actions after you select a query or report

• View SQL — Opens the View Query SQL page where you can view or copy the SQL script for the query.

Hth,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

To be honest, I don't believe we would support manually updating a table like that, as there are related tables involved.  The supported method would be to use the gui. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

pbsd
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

Then there is problem (if using sql scripts is not supported) -

We need to fix a security issue that requires there should be (at least) one server task that query 'inactive agents', if there is none, we need to create one.

We could have tens or hundreds of server tasks, how can we know if there is one (or more) that query 'inactive agents'? I don't think we should manually go through all hundreds of server tasks and go inside each to see if it's for 'inactive agents'.

I'm attaching the 'server tasks' titles, it only has Name/Status/Type/Schedule/Next Run/Last Run/Actions columns (Note that 'Type' is for either 'system' or 'user'). I don't see any easy way to quickly find any task(s) for 'Inactive Agents', that's why I turned to db.

Or there are ways to configure columns to show the actual task type of 'Inactive Agents'?

Any advice?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Are you logged in as a global admin?  There is a default "inactive agent cleanup task" under server tasks - that is the name of it.  If you don't see it, then I can send it to you to import.  If you are not a global admin, you may not have rights to see it.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

There is also a default query in queries and reporting named "inactive agents" that you can use in a server task.  You would use new server task, run query, choose that query, then take whatever desired action you want out of the available actions.

Was my reply helpful?

Queries and Reports used in ePO have the facility to see the underlying Sql statements used through the https://aduk.de/ console, which may help you. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community