Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to run registered executable?

Hello Team,

I have regestered a batch file as registered executable. I want to trigger this batch file as part of Automated response. When the response is triggered, i dont see the batch file being run, But the server log says, task execution successful. I dont get why its not executing?

3 Replies
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to run registered executable?

Hi Junaidaj89,

Please note the script itself is not something that is supported by support, this will be something you will need to review as needed.

First though, let me tidy up a point about operation, when the log reported the task was run, it refers to the ePO process and AR, not your script file (exe or bat file).

Try this as a test.
Have your 'setup' open something on the screen on a test client. In that way you confirm it does run does operate, it is visually seen to complete. 
'Notepad' or 'Calculator' for example.

So if the client is seen to get 'calc' or notepad' pop up on the test client the process is working, I'd suggest the script itself be check as correct.

If nothing pops up then check to make sure things like 'access protection' etc. interfear blocking it from working.
If AP is off, then script would appear to need review.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

How to check if access protection is on or off? I am new to McAfee so this question.

Tags (1)
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

You can go about this two ways ...
(If you use VSE or ENS the process is much the same, teh below relates to VSE)

How to temporarily disable Access Protection locally via the VirusScan Enterprise 8.x Console
Technical Articles ID: KB52204

Or

Do the same as described in the above KB inside the ePO interface for the VSE product.

1. Login to ePO.
  2. Open the 'policy catalog'.
  3. Select VirusScan from the ‘product drop down menu’ then the ‘Access Protection policy’ that is active on the remote device.
    example.jpg
  4. In the new window presented make sure to set ‘workstation’ or ‘server’ in the ‘Settings for' drop down menu.
  5. De-select the ‘enable access protection’ check box in the ‘Access Protection settings’ section.
  6. save this new policy, set a name that clearly states what the policy does.
    (To help stop its accidental deployment/use on other devices)
  7. Apply this policy to the target system(s).

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community