cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to retrieve the effective settings (RSOP-like) of VSE or MA ?

Hi all !

I'd like to generate a one-shot inventory of all settings (NOT policies) that apply to VSE, on each of our machines.

For instance, when you open VSE's console, and view the "On-Access Scanner" properties, what you get is the set of parameters which result from all the inherited policies.

For example, if a machine herits from

• an "On-Access High-Risk Processes Policy" containing exclusions
  • an "On-Access Low-Risk Processes Policy" containing exclusions
  • an "On-Access Default Process Policy" which says that only one rule applies for all processes (thus without high-risk / low-risk aspect)

all you will see in the console is the "All Processes" settings and exclusions.

That's exactly what I'd like to get : only settings which are finally applied, like a RSOP of the policies received from the ePO.

I know you can click on a machine from the System Tree of ePO, to get some of these settings, but :

• not all information is displayed (for instance, you won't see the path/file names which are excluded from scanning)
  • there is no way to export the displayed data
  • even if there was an export button, I don't want to click 10.000 times to export the details of all the systems

I guess the possible ways are

• trying to retrieve the files containing policies, from each machine, via a simple scripted file copy. But will these files really contain only "RSOP" settings ?
  • using a SQL script to compute these "RSOP's" from ePO's database. This sounds much more complicated, but I assume that this is what's happening when I open System Tree > click one system > click "More" hyperlink in the "VirusScan Enterprise" section.

Has someone tried to generate such an inventory, and could give me some hints ?

on 13/12/10 16:33:33 CET
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community