cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to prevent users from uninstalling SA...

We just rolled out SA to about 1700 clients and as an afterthought I began to wonder how we could possible stop people from simply uninstalling this from Add/Remove Programs.

We're an ePO 4 shop, using agent 4, and VSE 8.5. Almost all of our users have local admin rights. Are we SOL or do we have options aside from telling the client task to install at every policy enforcement interval?

Moved to Corporate for better attention - MOD
5 Replies
Highlighted

RE: How to prevent users from uninstalling SA...

I've PW protected the install to stop them disabling it and have a request in with my SAM to tell me how to stop them uninstalling vai Control Panel Add Remove. Will post up the answer once I get it.

That said once someone uninstalls it a few times and it keeps coming back they will give up eventually. grin Or report them as breaking your AUP otherwise why would they remove it?
Highlighted

How did you password protect the install? Are you talking about the Enable/Disable policy?

When you say it will keep coming back if someone uninstalls it, are you running the client task to install it at every policy update interval?
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

I believe this might be what you are looking for.

Also, you can have VSE not allow changes to McAfee Files/folders/reg entries etc.
Highlighted

Yeah but that's for VSE and is separate from the Site Advisor install.
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

the only thing is to remove admin rights from users - otherwise they can uninstall everything (inlcude agent), change admin password\remove other admins and prevent from you to install agent again.

very painful process, but the only option :cool:
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community