cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to find which port epo is listening

Hi,

How to find which port epo is listening in my client.

Thanks,

Sagar

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to find which port epo is listening

You can logon to ePO->Server Settings->Ports. It will list all the ports. If you are looking for Deep Command then it will be 16993 and 16995.

Highlighted

Hi Aboggara,

we dont have a epo server permissions to access. I installed mcafee in some servesr we need to find out from which port it is pusing updates and almost all clients is 8081 port is using but some are different ports using it . we need to find those ports.

Highlighted

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking what ports are listening on your client machine?

If so, you can use Resource Monitor (on Windows 7/Server 2008 and above) and on the Networking tab, it lists what applications are listening on what ports. The McAfee Agent runs under FrameworkService.exe.

See the screenshot below.

resmon.png

Highlighted

Hi fuzziest,

Yes you understood my question correctly. I followed your steps to monitor which ports mcafee listening  in my client machine but it is not showing.... mcafee working fine in my clent machine even mcafee framework services started. Please see the screen shot.

mcafee-ports.png

Thanks,

Sagar

Highlighted

Sagar,

Try looking under the "Listening Ports" section in Resource Monitor. From your screenshot, I see the "TCP Connections" section expanded, but expand the section below that called "Listening Ports".

Highlighted

Hi fuzziest,

Thanks for correct me i can see now framework service is listening from 8081 and 8082. When i typed http://ip:8081 in browser we can get mcafee agent activity log in some client please see the first sceenshot  for your reference.  same mcafee agent activity log won't get in some clients even through they are lisening same ports see second screenshot. Please help me i need to get mcafee activity log from all client in browser.

mcafee-log.png

mcafee-log1.png

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community