cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to deploy package (Endpoint Protection, DLP, FRP) from EPO silently

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I need to deploy Mcafee Endpoint Security, DLP, FRP to users client though EPO silently. But the Client has a popup/alert to restart the system (File and removable protection). How can I disable the popup/alert? 

All package need to deploy silently.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to deploy package (Endpoint Protection, DLP, FRP) from EPO silently

Jump to solution

Hello @DucDinh 

Thanks for your post.

Please check the McAfee Agent General Policy and there should be an option for the reboot after deployment.

Try to take once machine and disable the policy , Once the policy will get applied , Assign the policy to the machine and try to use the deployment task and check.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @DucDinh 

Thanks for your post.

Please check the McAfee Agent General Policy and there should be an option for the reboot after deployment.

Try to take once machine and disable the policy , Once the policy will get applied , Assign the policy to the machine and try to use the deployment task and check.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Reboot is requirement of client products like DLP, FRP etc. You can suppress reboot option from MA policy but product drivers will be Active after Reboot.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@vivs
Thank you, I will try it.

@Hem
Of course the clients need to reboot, but we need the silent deployment. The end-users will call IT helpdesk if they see the alert/popup. We have a lot of end-users.

Thank you.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

We have seen sometimes that even if the agent policy is set to not prompt for a reboot, if the point product ignores that or the OS requires it, they still might get a prompt not necessarily coming from the agent itself.  If they do still get one for a specific product, then I would get with that team for how to suppress their reboot prompts.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Having deployed FRP to workstations, I have noticed that ePO push works, and you can turn off the reboot, but the FRP client still installs and appears. Any configured prompts still appear, but the client doesn't actual work. So that reboot is pretty critical.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community