cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?

Jump to solution

Hello.

I created a Product Update task to update VSE8.8 to patch 1, and it works. However, I confused by one cirtical issue: Where to choose the Agent branch (Current or Evaluation) in a Update task?

I can choose Agent and VSE branch on the Configuration tab af a Product Deployment task, but there is nowhere to choose Agent and VSE branch on a Product Update task.

In such a case, as far as I know, I can choose VSE branch on one Assigned Policies called McAfee Agent General policy, on the Updates tag. Thre are signatures and engines, Patches and Service packs which I can choose to use Current or Evaluation branch. However, where to choose Agent branch?

Message was edited by: simonzang on 2/14/12 12:54:11 AM CST
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ulyses31
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to choose the Agent branch in a Update task?

Jump to solution

Hi simonzang, as you already told you can choose your branch when setting a product deployment task (deploying new version of McAfee Agent, VirusScan, etc...)

The only way to choose the branch when updating a product (i.e. DAT, engine, BOF, patches...) is selecting the correct McAfee Agent policy for a computer or a group under General Policy->updates (as you said)

Be aware that updating (for example) McAfee Agent 4.6 to McAfee Agent 4.6P1 is not an update task but a product deployment task

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi simonzang, as you already told you can choose your branch when setting a product deployment task (deploying new version of McAfee Agent, VirusScan, etc...)

The only way to choose the branch when updating a product (i.e. DAT, engine, BOF, patches...) is selecting the correct McAfee Agent policy for a computer or a group under General Policy->updates (as you said)

Be aware that updating (for example) McAfee Agent 4.6 to McAfee Agent 4.6P1 is not an update task but a product deployment task

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi Uslyses,

Now I understand. Thanks a lot Uslyses.

One more question:

My Product Deployment client task for update VSE8.7 to VSE8.8 P1 takes 10 minuts. But my Product Update client task for update VSE8.8 to VSE8.8 P1 takes several hours. I have choosed "Run Immediately". Waht's the point?

ulyses31
Level 16
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

That's strange, if it's set to run immediatly it should run in less than an hour (because 1 hour is the standard agent-to-server communication interval).

If you know that your task is set as it should be then try to enable "

Jump to solution

He ulyses,

I think that we have some problem with our network. Thansk for help. You are so helful and kind.

//Simon

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community