cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

How to Change McAfee ePO Server Name / DNS Name?

Hey Everyone,

I've recently begun setting up our McAfee ePO server and so far all is working well, however I am really struggling to change the Server DNS Name. At the moment is in internal DNS format, SERVER.domain.internal, but we require for the server to be externally accessible, for example, epo.domainname.com. I've already set up our custom SSL and verified that epo.domainname.com works internally but when going to download an agent, the install / download URL is as the internal format, and this will not work externally.

In many attempts I came across the following KB, McAfee Corporate KB - Agents fail to connect to ePO 5.x servers with two IP addresses KB56281​, but this still did nothing. Any changes that I make in "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\SiteInfo.ini" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\SiteList.xml" get revereted each time that I reboot the server or restart the server - why aren't these changes sticking???

Can anyone help me with getting our ePO server DNS name to being from internal to the external FQDN.

Cheers,

Michael

6 Replies
kylekat
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to Change McAfee ePO Server Name / DNS Name?

Same here, All i need to do is change the domain but the changes I make on the INI files get reverted.

Tags (1)
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Go to server settings, agent handlers, then click into the epo server agent handler.  Add the published external dns and IP address there rather than modifying the server.ini file.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

kylekat
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I have the right DNS name there @cdinet in agent handlers. The reason why I was trying to do it from the INI file is that Deployment URLs are being created with the wrong domain within the system tree. I also see the wrong domain if I go to Server Settings - Server

Thanks for your quick response.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Yes, unfortunately, that information comes from what the OS reports as its host name and IP.  The only way around that is to move the epo server to the dmz where it has the desired servername and IP, which requires a lot of security considerations.

You can always test with modifying the url with desired fqdn.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

kylekat
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Correct, I can manually change the URL to the proper domain and works fine. I guess it is no big deal.

Thanks!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

It is more secure than moving epo to the dmz 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community