cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we delete multiple disabled users at once from ePO

-How can we delete multiple disabled users at once from ePO.

8 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: How can we delete multiple disabled users at once from ePO

You can't - one at a time.  You can submit a per - kb60021.  Be careful deleting users - make sure they don't own any server tasks, policies, etc.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank you for your response.

We already have disabled the users since long, and verified that there are no associated server tasks/ policies.

I just want to confirm once again that if even its not possible through querying the DB?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

this can potentially be done, not recommended as we suggest deleting one by one as suggested by my colleague, but, will you like to delete all users disabled? do they have any other common criteria? 

One of the common criteria is that they all are having %%NOEPOGROUPS%% i.e. they are having no permission set.

We are expecting the query for this, if in case it is possible. 

As already informed, all the users which we want to delete are already disabled since long.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Thats not what i was looking for 🙂 

I have shared some ideas on a private message

I am not able to view anything in my private message section.

Can you send me again.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

sure, i just did again : )

rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

Before I start, MANDATORY to take FULL ePO CORE DB backup.

This query helps, to delete all the users, who are in disable state and it excludes the users, to whom you dont want to delete written in the bracket.

Delete OU from OrionUsersMT as OU
where Disabled =1 and Name not in ('System','admin','defaultDxlUser') and Admin <> 1;

I tested this & it's working, but disclaimer as you have to try this with backup as mandatory.

NOTE: The above query also helps, by chance any important user is in disable state and that has the admin permission assigned and those will NOT delete.

Also, since you updated, those users are not set any permissions assigned, then definitely they were not having any task or queries aligned.

But still on curious, can you let me know, how many users you were seeing it is available as disabled and hoping all are windows authentication users and also is that created as when user login and now it spiked the count of the users ?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community