cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Having difficulties deploying VSE 8.7i via ePO 4.0

Hi all, I'm trying to deploy VSE 8.7 to a test system via ePO, but I can't seem to be able to do it.

The test system has successfully received the McAfee Agent and now appears in my ePO database.

However, when i try use Client Task Builder to deploy VSE, the weird thing is that VSE 8.7i is not listed under the dropdown list of my Products and Components! See screen capture for more info :

http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capturedza.jpg

I used the Help Portal and the info I found is this :
"Next to Products to deploy, select the desired product from the first drop-down list.

The products listed are those for which you have already checked in a package file to the master repository. If you do not see the product you want to deploy listed here, you must first check in that product’s package file."

So what does it mean when it says to check my package file?

Things I have done so far:
Installed VSE 8.7 and Enterprise Reports inside Extensions - Under Managed Products, VSE 8.7 is listed as installed.

I can verify that I have downloaded VSE 8.7.0 Language pack and its listed as a package in my Master Repository.

Hope someone can help enlighten me on how to deploy my software. Thanks!
11 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Having difficulties deploying VSE 8.7i via ePO 4.0

First, you should be using McAfee Agent 4.0. It's much more stable and reliable.
Second, it apears that you either don't have the extension checked in or the VSE package.

Both should be checked in.

Joe
Highlighted

I check in package of the McAfee Agent 4.0 and i can see that its inside my software list.

However, whenever i try to deploy this updated 4.0 Agent to my clients, nothing happens. My clients still reflected ver 3.6 agents while the ePO claims that the process has been completed... I selected force installation over existing version. So I don't know why my agents are not updated...

Any idea?
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 12

Did you check in both the software and the extension ?
Highlighted

McAfee Agent 4.0 don't have extensions right? I manage to load the VirusScan 8.7. But not Agent 4.0. What is the correct file i'm suppose to load into it?
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 12

every product must have an extension, cant remember if MA 4 is built into ePO 4.0 when it ships, but you can check under configuration - Extensions, see if McAfee Agent is listed there. The extension is usually in the same zip as the software.
Highlighted

Ok. I checked and there isn't any McAfee extension in my ePO. So i downloaded the agent zip file from NAI website (MA400P2Win.zip).

When i point ePO to this file, it simply refuses to accept the file, saying "Unable to install extension. The uploaded file was either corrupt or not of the proper format"...

Any idea why?
Highlighted

I got the McAfee Agent file directly thru NAI website; under the My Products - Downloads page. I submitted my Grant Number and downloaded the file from there. So the file can't be wrong, can it? I used the .zip file and directly apply it into the extensions page as advised. i didn't unzip it. Even if i did, i couldn't find any .zip files within the package of the Agent zipped file. Pls advise... Thanks!
Highlighted

Try download the file "EPOAGENTMETA.zip" under the agent donwload page. Then check in this extension file.
Highlighted

Hi Kelvin, can you advise on the link where to locate this file? I can't find it anywhere from my downloads. I'm not sure where this agent download page is at...
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community