cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Has anyone checked into epo 4.5, virusscan 4.5 + hotfix 613356 into eval?

So I have my clients with 4.5 agent 1719 and people have Virusscan 8.7 p2.  The agent at 1719 means I should be able to deploy from the eval branch.

I want to check in patch 4 + hotfix 613356 into eval and deploy to a few people. Anyone done this and it works? My biggest worry is that it will somehow deploy to all.

6 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Has anyone checked into epo 4.5, virusscan 4.5 + hotfix 613356 into eval?

The evaluation branch can be used since ePO Agent 4.0 so you can check the P4 package into evaluation branch safely and it will only be deployed to computers wih a update task using evaluation branch.

What you can also do is to check that you have no active update tasks that have the patch option selected and then create your own task.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

So since my clients have VirusScan 8.7 with patch 2, do I check in just the patch 4 plus hotfix OR do I check in the whole VirusSca 8.7 patch 4 and then the hotfix?

I ask because in epo I see that for the Update Task you can choose patches or not for 8.7 but don't get to say WHERE they come from.

BUT for the product deployment you can choose which branch.

That makes me think I should check in the whole package 8.7 with patch 4 in it, and then hotfix 613356 separately, into eval.

Correct?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Or, I guess I can check just patch 4 and hotfix into eval and then modify the agent for a set of test computers, to deploy patches from eval. I think I will try this approach.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

I checked in just p4 and the hotfix and modifed the agent on a system with 4.5 p2 to get patches from eval and that worked perfectly. And my other p2 only systems without modified agent do not get p4. Works great.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

Deployments of DAT's and content work well from Eval.  Been using it for quite some time.   Product deployment from Eval also work's fine.  I have used for deployments over many thousands of machines.

Deployment of Patches on recently became available.  I believe ePO 4.5 Patch 3 (Maybe 2) and MA 4.5 patch 1.   Haven't used it yet.  Got burned on earlier versions like ePO RTW.

Let us know how it goes.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

So as I said, all went well. I can selectively pick who I want to get P4 + hotfix and not affect others.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community