Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Hard Drive Encryption EPO

Hi all,

I'm running McAfee EPO 5.1.1 and I want to encrypt the hard drives for the people that are in the office... only like 5 systems.  Does anyone know if this is a feature within EPO?  If so, how can I deploy it?

I will need it to work with Windows and Mac.

Thanks.

4 Replies
twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hard Drive Encryption EPO

To have McAfee ePO manage encryption on managed systems requires McAfee Complete Data Protection. This product comes with Drive Encryption (DE) and File & Removable Media Protection (FRP). We currently bought about 100 licenses and manage the endpoints via ePO.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/complete-data-protection-advanced.aspx

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

I was looking through Epo and it appears I do have the products for encryption. 

I'm following this installation video: How to Install and Configure McAfee Drive Encryption - YouTube

How do I download the extensions that pertain to this product?

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

For us they showed up under the ePO Software Manager and also on the McAfee site after we entered in our Grant Number.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Thanks!  I didn't look hard enough.  I was able to download and install the extensions.  The only extension that did no install the EEDEEP.ZIP which is to use deep command with drive encryption.  It gave me an error saying missing dependencies are required by extension EEDEEP:EPOAMT:1.5.0:511.  This extension is optional and I think I should be fine without it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community