Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 29

HTTP Repository Failed to download site status file

Jump to solution

I created a new HTTP repository for our ePO 5.10 Update 4. The old one was configured on an EOL OS that is why a new one was created. Problem was the configuration from old repo was not copied before the server was decommissioned so I created the new one from scratch. The replication is working - directory has been added to the new server, IIS was setup although not sure if it is really correct but I can see the directories in IIS and packages are being replicated so credentials for the repo are correct. I'm just getting an error "Failed to download site status" when clicking "View Packages" for the new repo in ePO. A test server is also unable to get the latest AMCore from this repo. 

When I tried to access "http://servername/Sitestat.xml", I'm getting "Access is denied due to invalid credentials." 

I raised a ticket to McAfee support a couple of weeks ago but the support technician is having a hard time fixing it. Here is the ticket, 4-21018373151. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 29

Re: HTTP Repository Failed to download site status file

Jump to solution

For reference for anyone else, we added IUSR account with read/execute permissions to the http repo folder and clients are now able to update from it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 29

Jump to solution

This all boils down to how IIS is configured.  We normally don't troubleshoot IIS, as that is out of scope, but I can set up a remote session with your case owner and you to see if I see anything.  I will have him contact you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 29

Jump to solution

That is also what I'm suspecting but we really cannot find the root cause. We will be having a remote session tomorrow, July 15, at 11AM (GMT +8) to further troubleshoot it. I'm not sure if you are available that time. 

Many thanks for helping even if it is beyond your scope. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 29

Jump to solution

That is eastern time zone?  Yes, I am available. 

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 5 of 29

Jump to solution
No it is not. July 15, 11AM (GMT +8) is actually July 14, 11PM eastern time zone (GMT -4).
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 29

Jump to solution

Ok, what time zone are you in then?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 29

Jump to solution

Got it, that would be 10 pm my time tonight.  That is a little late.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 8 of 29

Jump to solution

I can do it on your preferred time, not a problem on my side. I just have to re-schedule it with the case owner. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 29

Jump to solution

What about now?  I am otherwise available 6:30 am - 6 pm cst Mon-Fri

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 10 of 29

Jump to solution
Yeah, we can do it now.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community