Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hutchirg
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

HOW do you deploy a DAT file to Remote client ePO 5.10

We have system in a close area (NO Internet) would like to update the DAT files from our ePO server which is in the Close area? I've pulled the DAT file package from the McAfee sight and "Checked in the Package as instructed" to the Master Respository.... But how do I deploy it to our workstation from there?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: HOW do you deploy a DAT file to Remote client ePO 5.10

Hello @Hutchirg 

Thanks for your post.

I would like to inform you that to deploy DAT from ePO to client machine, Client Machine required internet connectivity.

How McAfee ePO server and clients communicate:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/cloud-workload-security-5.1.0-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page...

You can download the DAT from the below link from security updates website and run the exe in the system manually. Once exe gets executed successfully DAT will get installed .

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/security-updates.html

I am assuming only some of your systems are on that isolated network and not epo?  If epo is also on the isolated network with no internet, then suggestions from others are fine.

If epo does have internet access, you can do several things, depending on your network setup.  

You can install Agent Handler for those systems so they can get the update communicate with ePO.

Please make sure that the AH and SQL should be in the same DataCenter.

If nothing is possible in that case try opening the ports with the help of KB66797 for the machines to talk to ePO and get the policies, task etc.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66797

You can also try setting up a Distributed Repository for only those machines and open the ports for replication, so they can get the updates from ePO.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51679

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

rackroyd
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

It would be no different to normal, in that you would still use a client update task configured in the ePO console that refers to the repository you need in the respective agent policy applied.

Hth,

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community