Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

HIPS?

I'm back into setting up ePO for our company. I've been able to pour over the remaining notes I had and am now filling in the blanks lol.

I've got ePO setup and configured (5.3.0 b400). I've successfully deployed VSE 8.8.0 using Product Deployment. I also did the same thing for HIPS, and went back in and set HIPS/General, Client UI to Show Tray Icon. I can see HIPS in the Programs and Features on each system.

I don't see it in the Agent Status tray icon or near it. Am I missing something?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 2 of 4

Re: HIPS?

Ok, so I'm more confused. Two systems in my test group have the same policies etc. One has VSE in taskbar and both VSE and HIPS are installed. The other has the Agent in taskbar and only HIPS installed.

Highlighted

hi,

can u share how u configured and applied the policies

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 4

I've basically used the My Defaults with a tweak here and there. Did find out that uninstalling and pushing VSE/HIPS to the clients corrected part of it. The other part I needed to allow McAfee to not block itself, under "On-Access Default Processes Policies" added "C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAFEE\VIRUSSCAN ENTERPRISE\X64\*". So far things are working.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community