Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Grey System Information Summary

Jump to solution

Hi all expert, 

i want to ask about the color in my system information summary why it has grey color instead of green or red ?, i found this in some of my system that i managed via epo, sometimes they can be pinged some not, is it corrupted agent or network problem? because i found also some laptop that successfully collect and prop and ping able also telnet to epo but failed to wake up or push task to that machine,

cheers,

GREY system info summaryGREY system info summary

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Grey System Information Summary

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee 

Thanks for your post.

Could you please check whether that machine is communicating or not with ePO.

When did this machine communicated last time with ePO?

If the machines are communicating through VPN in that case you can not use Wake-up agent call or Run Client Task Now Task.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58818

However, Normal Agent to Server Communication (ASCI) will work.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee 

Thanks for your post.

Could you please check whether that machine is communicating or not with ePO.

When did this machine communicated last time with ePO?

If the machines are communicating through VPN in that case you can not use Wake-up agent call or Run Client Task Now Task.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58818

However, Normal Agent to Server Communication (ASCI) will work.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

If the machine doesn't meet 'compliance criteria set' in the query then will show Grey color.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Dear VIVs, 

mostly the system with grey summary status can be pinged and successful telnet to 8081, some have failed to 443, but there's some system (server not desktop) all action are success but when we tried to wake up or send task the result always failed, (the server located in our dc so its not through vpn) ,

thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @Dwee 

Thanks for you response.

If the wake up agent is getting failed in that case please check the server.log in ePO server.

Reproduce it and check the server.log.

I am assumig that wake-up agent policy is enabled from the McAfee Agent General Policy.

Be default location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Logs

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

You are using the McAfee agent compliance summary query for that to populate.  If you go to queries and reporting and find that query, check what the compliance criteria is set to.  Evidently that system isn't meeting that criteria.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community