cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error 507 from MACONFIG.EXE, Broker information is not avaliable

Jump to solution
We are getting intermittent error while running MACONFIG.EXE in our OS build script. we're seeing about 50% failing rate, and we can't reproduce this error after the system is rebooted. I need help understand these error messages and why it's happening. 2022-04-18 10:06:50.587 maconfig(8304.5208) msgbus.Info: Unregistered for msgbus connectivity resync 2022-04-18 10:06:50.587 maconfig(8304.5208) msgbus.Info: Removed file watcher on broker config file <> 2022-04-18 10:06:50.587 maconfig(8304.5208) msgbus.Warning: Broker information is not available, rc <1> 2022-04-18 10:06:50.587 maconfig(8304.5208) msgbus.Warning: Broker information is not available, rc <1> 2022-04-1810:06:50.587 maconfig(8304.1912) maconfig.Error: Applying Custom Props failed, last error(507) 2022-04-18 10:06:50.587 maconfig(8304.1912) maconfig.Info: configuration finished
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting error 507 from MACONFIG.EXE, Broker information is not avaliable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your speedy respond, I believe the root cause was because the MAconfig is run too soon after the agent was installed.  A 90seconds pause seem to have solved the issue. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

What are the commands you are running for maconfig?  What agent build are you running?  Error 508, 507 are related to msgbus, so we may want you to open a ticket so we can look at logs.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

We are installing McAfee Agent 5.7.2 and the command we're running is 

maconfig.exe -custom -prop1 "OSINSTALL"

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Some of the broker errors you see can be ignored, but the main one is the 507 error.  Are you seeing any of the agent services crashing or faults in event logs, etc?  There are some crashing issues fixed in later versions.  Are there any other products installed that might cause issues, such as access protection, or are you seeing any injection issues in mfemactl log?  See KB88085 for that.  The entries to be concerned with in that log are if our process is the one being blocked, not if our process is doing the blocking (unless we are blocking ourselves).

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your speedy respond, I believe the root cause was because the MAconfig is run too soon after the agent was installed.  A 90seconds pause seem to have solved the issue. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Good deal, glad you found the problem.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community