cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Full/quick scan fails when initiated from EPO

Hello,

I am attempting to perform a scan via EPO by selecting the tag from the System Tree, then going to Actions->Agent->Run Client Task Now->Endpoint Security Threat Prevention->Policy-Based On Demand Scan->Full or Quick Scan.

The progress bar does 2 green dots, then goes red and says Task Failed. This is what it shows under Subtasks:

9/24/20 3:59:58 PMRun now task On-Demand Scan - Quick Scan received.
9/24/20 4:00:01 PMRun now task On-Demand Scan - Quick Scan started.
9/24/20 4:00:08 PMRun now task On-Demand Scan - Quick Scan is cancelled

Note the system can perform a manual full or quick scan via the local agent. When initiated from EPO it fails every time.

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full/quick scan fails when initiated from EPO

Hello @cgillett 

Thanks for your post.

Couple of things needs to be checked including the masvc.log and On-Demand Scan log.

Also please check how exactly the task has been configured the settings of the task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

@vivs, thanks for your reply. Where can I find the masvc.log file?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Program data/McAfee/agent/logs

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

I would also suggest not using run client task now for an on demand scan task.  The reason being is that when you run a task like that, the datachannel communication channel is kept open the entire duration of the task where epo is waiting on a response from the agent for the status of the task.  You would be better off using a scheduled client task instead.  

Additionally, programdata is a hidden directory, so you would either need to put full path in address bar or show hidden folders.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community