cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Force Downgrade of McAfee Agent via ePO

Is there a command to force the downgrade of the McAfee Agent from ePO.

I would normally run something like /install=agent /forceinstall locally but that doesn't seem to work from ePO. Am I missing part of the command or is it different from ePO?

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Force Downgrade of McAfee Agent via ePO

Hello @tucker84 

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, You can not downgrade the Agent eg: from MA 5.6.5 to 5.6.3 , It is not possible.

The command which you have mentioned is related to installing the McAfee Agent on the machine.

This command will not downgrade the existing McAfee Agent version, This command can you use to install the McAfee Agent to existing lower version of McAfee Agent.

If you want to downgrade you need to remove the McAfee Agent from the client machine.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

It actually should downgrade the agent.  Are you using deploy agent from epo with forceinstall option?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I was using the client task not the deploy agent

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Yea, I have found the client task doesn't work for that too well.  Does it work with the deploy agent option?  How were you entering the parameter in the client task?  With /forceinstall or just forceinstall?  I believe you would leave out the /.  Even at that, I haven't seen much success in parameters passed in the agent install that way.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Thank you. I tried both ways to install the Agent and neither worked. I have limiited visibility on the device so I can only see the Agent log which says the client task was successful after around 2 minutes. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Yea, you would need to see the install logs in the windows\temp\mcafeelogs folder on the client.  The frminst log will show if it actually passed the forceinstall command and whether it failed or not and what version is installed and what version is installing.  The msi log would show why it failed, if it failed.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community