cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flood of Application Event Log Entries for McAfee Database

Jump to solution
Once per minute, going as far back as the event log history, I am seeing the same 3 event log entries created as described below. I am trying to figure out if this is normal behavior or an indication of an issue. Has anyone seen this before? Level: Information Source: MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS Event #1 ID = 17137 Message = "Starting up database 'mcafee_Events'." Event #2 ID = 49930 Message = "Parallel redo is started for database 'mcafee_Events' with worker pool size [2]." Event #3 ID = 49930 Message = "Parallel redo is shutdown for database 'mcafee_Events' with worker pool size [2]."
"When you change yourself, you change the world."
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flood of Application Event Log Entries for McAfee Database

Jump to solution

If you go to properties of that database, is autoclose set to true?  If so, it needs to be false.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

If you go to properties of that database, is autoclose set to true?  If so, it needs to be false.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
That did the trick. Why in the world would that be set to ON in the first place?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

By default, we have that setting set to off on install, but for some reason that may not always be the case.  It is something that is one of the pre-install checks for upgrades for that reason.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Ahh, OK.   Thank you for the feedback.   Not sure if that was hurting performance at all, but it sure is nice to not have the event log flooded with those messages.  Appreciate the help.   

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community