Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Failure to install Threat Prevention extension

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I have a very annoying situation while installing an extension in EPo 5.10.

This is a completely fresh EPo install where I am still trying to fine tune and install all needed packages.

When trying to install following package "Threat_Prevention_10.7.0.585_extension" I am faced with this error message.

"Unable to install extension. com.mcafee.orion.core.ui.dashboard.DashboardNameCollisionException"

I tried to look through all forums for a solution, but did not find an answer to this question.

Thnx in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Jürgen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Re: Failure to install Threat Prevention extension

Jump to solution

Do you have any custom dashboards for ENS that maybe you don't have in test environment?  You might want to export any ens dashboards for backup, then temporarily remove any custom or modified ones, then try it again.  You should then be able to re-import your dashboards.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Is platform extension installed without issue and the issue is while installing 'Threat prevention'?

Orion log will give more clue. Make sure that you are using supported version of SQL/compatibility level/supported collation type.  I suggest to open case with support.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes the platform extension is installed as is the Adaptive Threat protection extension.

We are running  SQL2017

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

This error would indicate something it doesn't like about the existing dashboards.

"Unable to install extension. com.mcafee.orion.core.ui.dashboard.DashboardNameCollisionException"

Does the orion log show anything more specific about that error?  You might need to get this to ENS team as it is their extension and their dashboards it is most likely complaining about.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello,

This is what i found in the orion log that looks related to the problem.

Caused by: C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\ENDP_AM_1000\10.7.0.585\install.xml:511: com.mcafee.orion.core.ui.dashboard.DashboardNameCollisionException
at com.mcafee.orion.console.ui.dashboard.task.AddDashboardMonitorTask.execute(AddDashboardMonitorTask.java:82)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1225.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:392)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:413)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.ext.InstallScriptImpl.runTask(InstallScriptImpl.java:448)

I did the exact same steps in a test installation using the same exact packages and specs it went flawless in the testsystem without any issues. I do not know what to say.

Thnx in advance.

Jürgen

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Do you have any custom dashboards for ENS that maybe you don't have in test environment?  You might want to export any ens dashboards for backup, then temporarily remove any custom or modified ones, then try it again.  You should then be able to re-import your dashboards.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution
Yes you are correct.
Apparently there was a custom dashboard named exactly the same as one the threat prevention extension would create.
Therefore it failed during installation.
Thnx so much for all the assistance and pointers
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Glad that worked!

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community