Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISmith
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Fail to update/check in DLP 11.6 Extension

Jump to solution
I have been going over this today and can't figure it out. I am on ePO 5.10 update 9 The file (UDLPSRVR2013_29347.zip) gets downloaded (from somewhere) into the folder it is looking for. Then it disappears and the task fails. I thought maybe a manual upload of the zip file from the product download site would work, but that does not find the pkgcatalog.z file. Any ideas? 3/25/21 11:19:34 AM Started: Check In Components 3/25/21 11:19:35 AM Downloading the following component: 3/25/21 11:19:35 AM Mcafee Data Loss Prevention 11.6.100 ePO extension (type EXTENSION) - file name=UDLPSRVR2013_29347.zip 3/25/21 11:19:35 AM Downloading file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\SoftwareManager\3955\11.6\UDLPSRVR2013_29347.zip. 3/25/21 11:20:47 AM Failed to download file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\SoftwareManager\3955\11.6\UDLPSRVR2013_29347.zip. 3/25/21 11:20:47 AM Failed to download some or all components 3/25/21 11:20:47 AM Completed: Check In Components (Failed to download some or all components)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Re: Fail to update/check in DLP 11.6 Extension

Jump to solution

That is because that is an extension instead of package.  Go to extensions and check it in there instead of master repository.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Can you download the file from software manager as opposed to checking it in?  Is there any proxy in your environment?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

ISmith
Level 10
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

DLP ePO extension 11.6 (11.6.100.14). There is room on the disk.

The download never completes.

The file appears on the server in the folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\SoftwareManager\3955\11.6\UDLPSRVR2013_29347.zip) and the browser download follows that file size. The browser download always stops at 136MB and the file size in the folder is always around 140MB (usually 140409KB). After about 1 minute the file in the folder disappears and the whole process repeats. 

I tried copying the file elsewhere and it is not an intact zip file.

When I use "Check in" instead of download, the file stub is 0 bytes gets created but the size never grows before the check in fails.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Seems like something is blocking the download possibly?  Try logging in to the main McAfee download site with your grant and download it from there to check in manually.

Was my reply helpful?

ISmith
Level 10
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I tried that.

The file that is downloaded from the server has the name "DLP_Mgmt_11.6_signed.zip"

I downloaded from the product download site. Inside the zip is a file with the same name. I uploaded that to the master repository using check in new package. I get the message "Package missing required pkgcatalog.z file"

ISmith
Level 10
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I am now trying that file under the extensions section... which appears to work. So I was uploading that to the wrong place.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

That is because that is an extension instead of package.  Go to extensions and check it in there instead of master repository.

Was my reply helpful?

ISmith
Level 10
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

This appears to have worked. The client checkin worked as well. 

Thanks.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad it is working!

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community