cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions download?

Jump to solution

Why is it that you have to contact support just to download extensions?  I'm trying to do ePO 5.10 Update 11 and have been waiting on support for over a week.  I gave them the exact listing of what extensions and their versions but they keep sending me garbage replies.  I've even escalated and gotten no where.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Re: Extensions download?

Jump to solution

Yes you most definitely should have more than evaluation.  When you log into the download site and see your license key, do you have more than one?  If so, try one of the other license keys, then refresh software catalog.  

If you go also to download page instead of software catalog, do you see the products?  The ens bundle contains packages and extensions for all the latest available, so if you check in the bundle, it will upgrade the latest extensions also.  ENS is picky about the order things are checked in, so it is bundled to install in their required order.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

What extensions do you need?  Most of them should be available for you to download, it might be a matter of where to find them.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

also please send me your sr number in private message.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Endpoint migration assistant - latest in software catalog is higher than .394, so it will work - Available Version 10.7.0.437
Threat Detection Reporting - searching for that
Endpoint Upgrade Assistant - latest in software catalog is higher than 2.9.0 - There are 2.10 and 2.11 versions available
Endpoint Security Extensions are available in a higher than required version in the latest bundle available for ens - bundle version 10.7.0.1260
Catalog Framework and core catalog are under messaging and web security section in software catalog. If you go to download page and search also for catalog as keyword, you should find them. Latest available are 2.0.2.19
Client Proxy - on download page, search for proxy - highest version is 4.3 and the zip file contains packages and extensions.
Threat Intelligence for vse - per KB94079, it is not supported with update 10 or higher at all.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Threat Detection Reporting Version 1.0.0.720 is available on download page under ens, extensions.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

My software catalog was updated 7 hours ago.

If I search for "assistant" and uncheck the box for hide older versions, I only get "Endpoint Security Migration Assistant help".

I don't know what this means:

Endpoint Security Extensions are available in a higher than required version in the latest bundle available for ens - bundle version 10.7.0.1260

I wonder if I am not looking at the Software Catalog correctly.    On the left sidebar I have Category and under that I have Evaluation and McAfee Compatible Solutions.  Under Evaluation, I have a drop down of Packages, Extensions, Bundles, Other.   If I pick extensions,  I see a selection on the right but nothing matches what I need for the ePO update.

Should I have a different category besides Evaluation and Compatible Solutions?  Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks,

Aaron

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Yes you most definitely should have more than evaluation.  When you log into the download site and see your license key, do you have more than one?  If so, try one of the other license keys, then refresh software catalog.  

If you go also to download page instead of software catalog, do you see the products?  The ens bundle contains packages and extensions for all the latest available, so if you check in the bundle, it will upgrade the latest extensions also.  ENS is picky about the order things are checked in, so it is bundled to install in their required order.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community