Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tabriz
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Epo Upgrading from 5.3.1 to 5.10

Hi Dear Community, in our company is used Epo Orchestrator 5.3.1. The product is EOL and EOS. We need upgrade the Epo Server.But we don't know which steps have to track for upgrade. And more some questions. 1. Will be need a new license for upgrade? 2. will be need new DB for Epo 5.10. ( the current DB is MSSQL Express 10 gb (free version) 3. The server is Windows Server 2012 R2. (will be compatible the current server for new Epo 5.10) 4.Is possible to export the current configuration (Epo 5.3.1) and then import the configuration file after upgrade to Epo 5.10 ?
10 Replies
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: Epo Upgrading from 5.3.1 to 5.10

Hello Tabriz,

Go through this post and I have answered the detailed information to another customer and you can match your environment and follow the same and let me know if you still have more queries.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/Epo-Upgrading/m-p/696326/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx... 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
Tabriz
Level 8
Message 3 of 11

Hello rgc,

are there any documentations for upgrading or learning ?
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

McAfee Center Stage: McAfee ePO 5.10 Upgrade Best Practice Spotlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSaNiB-Pz0&t=1062s

This video has all what you looking for and also, ensure while trying to upgrade as automatically the EPIP tool will do the checks & it should be passed every checks, dont ignore any errors or warnings.

Additionally, before you proceed from this tool, ensure you click on export option, so this helps to verify the status of the time when the tool ran.

Additionally to this go through the Youtube video posted by McAfee support and also go through the KB71825 ePO checklist and then make sure you have proper folders and DB full backup before you give a try for upgrade as per KB66616 and follow backing up column.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
Tabriz
Level 8
Message 5 of 11

Dear Raghavendra,
Can you help me to get informations related below questions.

1. On Epo Server 5.3.1 VSE version is 8.8.0.412 and VSE reports version is 1.2.0.264

2 On Epo Server 5.3.1 VSE for Linux 2.0.2.1737 and VSE Reports version is 2.0.2.1737

3. McAfee agent version 5.0.3.141

4. SIARevocation version is 1.0

Please could you provide us more information related upgrade Epo from 5.3.1 to 5.10 ?

Best Regards,

Tabriz
Tabriz
Level 8
Message 6 of 11

will be this version compatible for Upgrade 5.10?

AND

Now Epo 5.3.1 useing the MSSQL Express. The question is that, will be the MSSQL Express compatible for the 5.10 version ?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

KB90383 lists the extension requirements for epo 5.10, so there will need to be some upgrades of those as much as possible.

KB51569 lists OS and sql supported versions, so you need to look at that also to ensure those are met.

Once you get epo upgraded, you will need to install the latest update.  Please refer to KB94079 for extension requirements for update 10 or higher.  

Last but not least, you need to ensure that tls requirements are met on epo, sql and agent handler servers as well as sql version support for tls 1.2 - see KB91519 and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb3135244-tls-1-2-support-for-microsoft-sql-server-e4472ef...

There is an additional note in the last kb for updated tls requirements, as update 11 removes some weak ciphers and tls protocols.

Ensure also you have full backups before attempting anything per kb66616.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 11

An additional note on if you are using sql on the same server as epo - for the install, tls 1.0 will also be required, but only for the upgrade.  You can download IISCrypto and run it on each server, choose best practices and reboot and that will set the required protocols and ciphers for the upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Tabriz
Level 8
Message 9 of 11

Don't you know the Epo 5.10 does not support The McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 11

Look up the end of life info here for VirusScan Enterprise and it also includes any info on vse for Linux.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/support/product-eol.html#

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community