Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGostischa
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Endpoint Security 10.7 missing from Software Catalog

I am missing all Endpoint Security 10.7 packages from Software Catalog. I have ENS Security for Mac and ENS Security for Linux but just my standard ENS 10.7 for Windows is missing. I may have deleted it by accident when cleaning up but cannot figure out how to get it back.

I have done the following in an attempt to fix. To start with, I have used the double arrow refresh list of products from Software Catalog. I have run Server Tasks Download Software Product List and Update Master Repository. Both show successful but make no change. I WAS missing Endpoint Security Extensions (due to deletion I guess) but they have all been added back and show as running. They include Endpoint Migration Assistant, Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection, Endpoint Security Firewall, Endpoint Security Platform, Endpoint Security Threat Prevention, and finally, Endpoint Security Web Control. These are all version 10.7.0.x. All of the packages have been Checked into the Master Repository. It has been like this for a couple of weeks now. I have attempted to restart the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Software CatalogSoftware CatalogMaster RepositoryMaster Repository

Labels (1)
10 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: Endpoint Security 10.7 missing from Software Catalog

The software catalog is filtered to show only previous branch, although the packages exist on the master repo:

1.png

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

MGostischa
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

That is correct but unfortunately it doesn't make a difference even when on All Branches. I think I was trying to find something else when I took the screenshot. Here is an updated one with all packages whether older or not.McAfee Software Catalog.PNG

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

I think is because ENS packages are right inside the bundles

1.png

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

MGostischa
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

So as long as it is here it should be OK? 

McAfee Software Catalog Bundles.PNG

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 11

well, if you want to check that into your repository (is not at the moment) so that later on you can deploy it to your end nodes 🙂 

Was my reply helpful?

MGostischa
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

So I see that it says it is not Checked In as highlighted in my pic below. My only option under Actions is Remove or Download. When I click on the bundle and it shows the components, each component I click on shows it is in the Current Branch. How do I go about checking that bundle in? I've tried to Check In from Master Repository by downloading from Software Catalog as well as McAfee Products Standalone Install but both give the error that Package missing required pkgcatalog.z file.

McAfee Software Catalog Bundles CheckIn.PNG

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 11

It won't show as checked in because it is a bundle containing extensions and product packages.  If you are missing pkgcatalog.z when trying to check in something, then most likely you are either attempting to check in an extension instead of a package in master repository, or the file you have needs to be extracted first as it might contain multiple packages.  Bundles are meant to only be checked in via software manager as there is an order for things to be installed from the bundle.  If all the items in the bundle show checked in, then there is nothing you need to do with it.  What is the exact problem you are trying to resolve?

Was my reply helpful?

MGostischa
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

@cdinet The exact problem I am trying to resolve is my McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 (for Windows) no longer appears in the Software Catalog. It used to appear just like the highlighted McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.7 with all its components and I think I accidentally deleted it. Now I am trying to figure out how to get it back.

McAfee Software showing Mac.PNG

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 11

It has been like that for a while, the windows packages are showing only on the bundle, i dont think you have done something wrong 🙂 

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community