Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Endpoint Encryption Recovery keys location and backup

Anybody got idea where the endpoint encryption recovery keys (xml file) are stored in EPO? Know I can export from/in EPO but thinking of backing up all the keys at once? Anybody?

Message was edited by: minion on 3/19/14 9:09:41 AM CDT
5 Replies
JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Endpoint Encryption Recovery keys location and backup

I believe they are stored in the ePO database, but I would ask in the EEPC forum for a definitive answer - I'm not an EEPC expert by any stretch of the imagination

HTH -

Joe

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

The EEPC "keys" are stored in the SQL database. The keys are broken up into different tables in the datbase. Exporting direclty from the DB cannot be done. There are API's that can be used to export the keys. There are a couple of pretty good API tools in the Tool Exchange section. With any of these tools you will want to be careful as you are exporting the keys to the kingdom for these systems.

- API Full Disk Encryption Key Exporter is good for single or feeding a list of computers.

- Endpoint Encryption Bulk Key Export Utility does what the name suggests. You can use this utility to do a full dump of all the keys. I have used this for our foresics team. I put this in a secured location with limited access.

For refenrece on the API's you might want to use the ePO API Explorer. Using this will give you the API string to export the XML files.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

thanks moriega, will have a look at this.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

Ok so I been using the bulk export tool, if I open the exported xml i see the following in content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<MfeEpeExportMachineKey><errorCode>-12</errorCode></MfeEpeExportMachineKey>

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Ok no worries, this was just machine that was not encrypted.. got it working! Great tool. Thanks!!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community