cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption showing Active however drive decrypted

Hello Team

I am running EPO 5.9.1.  I need some guidance as it relates to the Drive Encryption component.  Even though the agent shows as Active the drive is not being encrypted,  What can I do to force the encryption.  The policy is set to only encrypt the boot disk only.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thanks

mcafee.JPG

2 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Encryption showing Active however drive decrypted

On the epo side of things, there are certain things that have to happen for encrytion to occur.  Drive encryption creates an event, the event is sent to epo by the agent, epo parses the event, then assigns the policy to the system, often requiring an ldap lookup for that user.  If any one of those fail along the way, then encryption will fail.  This can be caused by datachannel issues on the epo server, agent - server communication failure, ldap lookup failure, etc. 

Check kb's 81633 and 85918, for a few issues.  There are several other kb's, but often it comes down to either communication failures or datachannel failures.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Encryption showing Active however drive decrypted

Hello,

I know I am a bit late, but maybe I help other persons who are experiencing the same issue:

You have to disable the Product Settings policy applied to that system, either on the policy itself to affect all the systems or on a single system by using: Select system --> actions --> Agent --> Modify policy on a single system --> click on your Product Settings policy --> deselect Enable Policy in General tab

Best regards,

Jameel

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community