Did you mean: 
dnf
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Enable LazyCaching

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I´m planning about enabling LazyCaching but I couldn´t understand/find what does it mean the underlinen part of the line below.

Enable LazyCaching (Ensure that you enable Master Repository in Repository policy for SuperAgent to pull the updated content)

Any help would be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Enable LazyCaching

Jump to solution

The SA that has LazyCaching enabled must have the Master Repository (ePO server) enabled in its repository policy. The SA will pull and cache content from the master repository on client request.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Jump to solution

The SA that has LazyCaching enabled must have the Master Repository (ePO server) enabled in its repository policy. The SA will pull and cache content from the master repository on client request.

View solution in original post

dnf
Level 10
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Do you mean, the SA has to have the master repository as a "source" in the list so it can download the content from it?

Jump to solution

Yes, correct.

That how I have set it up. Only downside is that "Last Replication Time" is not up-to date, as you no longer have to replicate the contents. I had to exclude all LazyCaching SA's from our repository reports. We have mixed SA configs, mostly normal SA's, but a few are LazyCaching.

Message was edited by: mischaboender on 9/21/12 12:29:00 PM CEST
dnf
Level 10
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for your time mischaboender, I was planning about setting up all SA with LazyCaching option enabled. It´t good to know that thing about that downside you mention it. I understand it as it won´t refresh the "last replication time" until it actually downloads something new from the master repository.

Jump to solution

No, it will never update the last replication time when using LazyCaching. Replication status will also not be updated. We enabled LazyCaching on a few SA's on the other side of the globe, because we were not able to replicate them. Their status is still "Last Replication Failed".

dnf
Level 10
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

¿The status remains forever as "Last Replication Failed" even if they are doing their job? So how to check if they are working fine apart of check the clients status?

Jump to solution

Very good question, any McAfee mod reading this?

I logged a ticket with platinum support that the status remained "Last Replication Failed", their response was to filter them out of the reports.

dnf
Level 10
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Probably a thing need to fix with next patch...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community