Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrentD
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Email Alerts based upon "Last Agent Communication" time

Jump to solution

Hi, we have created an email alert based on the "Last Agent Communication" time for a single system at a time that is emailed to a fault reporting system. For example, to get an email if the agent has not communicated within 48 hours.

We did setup a Server Task based upon a query that checks for a single system at a time that has not communicated with 48 hours. The server task then tags the system to show the system has been identified for a call to be logged, it then emails the CSV file to the fault reporting system email address for a call to be logged.

This works fine but the problem come in when there are no systems where the agent has not communicated within 48 hours, the CSV report is still sent to the fault reporting system with no systems in the report.

It is possible to use Automatic Response rule and not a Query that works based on Last Agent Communication time or Event ID?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make this work that if there is no systems that have not communicated within 48 hours, there should not be a report emailed?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email Alerts based upon "Last Agent Communication" time

Jump to solution

I know of no event ID that would trigger any automatic response.  And I also know of no way to not send a blank report, as the server task is only doing what you tell it to - run the query and send results.  There is no mechanism to tell it to only send the results if it contains any results and not mail it if no results.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I know of no event ID that would trigger any automatic response.  And I also know of no way to not send a blank report, as the server task is only doing what you tell it to - run the query and send results.  There is no mechanism to tell it to only send the results if it contains any results and not mail it if no results.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

TrentD
Level 9
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you for the feedback and response. Was under the same understanding as well since McAfee ePO does have conditional statement like using the IF command.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community