Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 26

Re: EPO unattainable since package modification

I would highly suggest opening a case with McAfee.  If you improperly remove extensions, it can prevent reinstall or upgrade due to tables or other objects left behind.  We can assist with fixing the extensions so you have no data loss from removing extensions or other issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Ccharb
Level 8
Message 12 of 26

Hi,

I've access to the EPO, but after i deleted the extension and package. I dont have anymore policies and task.

What is the option from now ? Can i add manually every missing package, and then restore the DB before the crash ?

Do you know where i can find the old version package ? I need 5.6.0 agent package but i cant find it with McAfee Product.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 26

Great, well done restoring access!

No you cant, i have mentioned that this will happen if you delete the extensions from the DB and system files. You have effectively remove all partially installed extensions, regaining access to the console but you can not re-link the ePO system files to a mismatched Data Base.

What you can do now is to rebuilt those policies and task from scratch

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Ccharb
Level 8
Message 14 of 26

Its unfortunetly, we have all information about policies and task on the DB.

Cant be posible to have the policies information in a file (csv/xml) from the DB, and then import/export ? 

Ccharb
Level 8
Message 15 of 26

By the way, at the moment with have 0 policies and 0 task because I restored after all deleted package.

That's my question, if i match the same package and extension before the crash, i could maybe restore  the database without this missmatch.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 26

No, you can only export that on the UI.

I thought of something else in the mean time, can you build another  server where you can restore an exact copy of your up and running ePO right now and restore it there? (possibly with different IP/FQDN or even better with no network) and then try to upgrade the extensions on it to the ones you removed as they where partially installed? they will have to be the same versions

If you manage to do this then simply export the policies from the UI on .xml format 

once you export the policies you can upgrade the extension on the production ePO and import the policies.

I have never done this but just an idea.

Was my reply helpful?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 26

the package on the repository is not needed, whats needed is just the extension 🙂 

Ccharb
Level 8
Message 18 of 26

I dont remember the exact extension we had 😞

Maybe i have to restore before crash, and export information from DB.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 26

on the test server 🙂 

Ccharb
Level 8
Message 20 of 26

If I want a new EPO server, I also need a new DB because its force me to add a DB but the actual one doesnt work.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community