cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPO Update 11 Failing

I am trying to install update 11 to my EPO 5.10.0. I have fixed the issues with the extensions but when I try to run the updater exe the bar remains at 0% for a couple minutes and I get the message:

Update failed to install. Any changes made were reverted. 

I can find no additional error information.

12 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: EPO Update 11 Failing

In %temp%\mcafeelogs folder there should be an epoupdater log that would show any errors.  Look for keyword failure :

Success is 0, so the first failure :1 you run across, check above that for the error.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I found the folder but there was no epoupdater file.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Sometimes that takes you to a session folder, such as temp\2\mcafeelogs.  If that is the case, try going to root of temp for that mcafeelogs folder.  Otherwise check in c:\programdata\mcafee\epolicy orchestrator and you might see some folders in there that would contain a copy of the log.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

OK I found it the first failure states : Add update with id CU-11 to failed update list.

Wait I found a more detailed error: The transaction log for database : (my db name here) is full due to ACTIVE_TRANSACTION

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 13

Is the database it listed in full or simple recovery mode?  Is the size of the transaction log limited in any way or is there not sufficient drive space to allow for the update to do what it needs to do?

Was my reply helpful?

I looked at the database and dont know how to tell the status of the files. I did set the file growth to be in megabytes instead of percentage. Auto growth and unlimited was already enabled for both data file sets.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

How much free drive space is there where the transaction logs reside?  If you go to properties of each database, click on the options tab.  You will see on the right side what the recovery model is.  If it is full, then ensure transaction log backups are running frequently enough.  Depending on how busy the db is, that might need to be backed up as frequently as every 15 minutes.  Otherwise you can set the recovery model to simple if you aren't using always on feature.

Was my reply helpful?

It is set to simple as of now.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community