cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPO SERVER SNAPHSOT Issue

ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.3 (Build 279) As per checking on the Server Task Log, the logs for Disaster Recovery Snapshot Server was completed successfully. Since the scheduled time is DAILY, up to now (June 19) we got a complete result for the said task. But upon checking on the Dashboard > EPO SERVER SNAPSHOT, it is still on Saving Snapshot to Database state for almost 6 days.
1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: EPO SERVER SNAPHSOT Issue

Hi User95857474,

Have you tried a full server restart?
It may simply clear away cached data related to this task.

If that has/had no effect, you could check the task queue tables for entries matching snapshot (server) task. Something not unlike the below:

Select * from oriontaskqueuemt where taskdescription like '%disaster%'

This should return the snapshot entry, and from that give you the ID for that row entry.
(In my ePO server this was 2, 'id=2')

You'll want to see what the state is on that - depending on what you see/find here, you may want to update its state value to '0' (or, this has more risk, just delete that row.)
Once 'modified, restart ePO services.

'IF' you decide to delete the row, you should as is best practice create a valid and full backup of ePO and the dB before deleting it.
Use something like the below:

My server that was - Delete from oriontaskqueuemt where id=2

For you - Delete from oriontaskqueuemt where id=<your ID number>

Once that is done I would strongly recommend you upgrade your ePO version to at least ePO 5.9.1, as the version you have (v5.3.x) has not been supported since 31st December 2018!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community