Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 17

EPO 5.10 > 5.10 U11 Updates with MSME 8.6/8.8 MIX missing Extension mcafee security for exchange 8.6

Jump to solution

I know that MSME 8.6 is EOL, but we have customer with EX2016/2010 mixed we are still in migration. 

Sorry for the double Post but we don't get to seem any answers in TIE and MSME Forum for months now. Seems that the developers left Mcafee? 😉

EPO 5.9 > 5.10 >OK

Customer has: MSME 8.6/8.7/8.8 running under 5.9 and 5.10 working.(EPO integrated)

Problem : Update to 5.10 U11 fails pre check

Searching: Mcafee security for exchange 8.6.8.6.265.20 ????

Hello,

We have upgraded a customer from EPO 5.9 to 5.10 (EPO510_2428_57_LR5) Successfully. Now we wanted to update to 5.10 U11. That does not work because we can't one Pre check Extension related to MSME 8.6 not fixed.

As always there are several extension we have to remove (We did not install them by hand...) and this time we see one which we can't done.

EPO 5.10 / MSME EPO Integrated (Mix 8.6/8.7/8.8 Policy working) now:

ERROR: Can't Update to EPO 5.10 U11 with that Extension (Pre Check)

MISSING Release/Extension we don't find anywhere (Download HF1,2,3, MSME Releases etc.)

- We have in EPO: Mcafee security for exchange 8.6.8.6.211.2

- We should have says the Check: Mcafee security for exchange 8.6.8.6.265.20

- Tried workaround with removing the extension > Do Update from 5.10 to 5.10 U11 and after that import the Extension. The EPO Updates works but unable to open the SMME 8.6 Policys then later reimport etc.

Any help welcome. If someone can tell me where i can find the Extension: 8.6.8.6.265.20??

Greetings from Switzerland

epo510_004.jpgepo510_003.jpgepo510_002.jpgepo510_001.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 17

EPO 5.10, U11/U12 solved with Extension from Mcafee Support

Jump to solution

Hello,

The supplied file through Mcafee Support in our ticket contained the extension we needed 8.6.265.23.

Thank you very much case solved.

If anyone need the Extension urgent you may contact me here in the forum.

Greetings from Switzerland

Here are the files Mcafee Support sent us:

epo510_009.jpg

Import

epo510_008.jpg

View solution in original post

16 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 17

Re: EPO 5.10 > 5.10 U11 Updates with MSME 8.6/8.8 MIX missing Extension mcafee security for excha

Jump to solution

Just helping from an ePO perspective, looking at the article below i can see that 8.7 is required before the update

Extensions that require an update

Security for Microsoft Exchange (MSME) MSME____META 8.7 8.7.332.2 McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.7 GA

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94079

I dont know if that extension is backwards compatible with MSME 8.6 thought and is probably best to open a request with the MSME support team for this to be confirmed

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Re: EPO 5.10 > 5.10 U11 Updates with MSME 8.6/8.8 MIX missing Extension mcafee security for excha

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you we have seen that.

The KB shows the 8.7 version. The PRE Audit Check from Mcafee show the 8.6 Version. But where do we get that Extension from? Strangely the Update from 5.9 > 5.10 U7 could be done.

Was there a Support-only HOTFIX behind MSME 8.6 PATCH 3 where that files is included and NON public?

Greetings

epo510_005.jpg

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

not sure to be honest, probably is best to post the question on their group or if they dont answer then please open a support request with the MSME team 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

I did look into both product download site and software catlog for version 265.20 but i didn't find this any where. 

You can try the 8.8 and try update 11. 

FYI. epo 5.10 update 12 is now available in product download page. If you are still in update 10 , you can directly install to update 12
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-release-notes/page/GUID-60076D65-1627-4E2...

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

I have an update 11 test server and was able to successfully check in the latest extension that is in software catalog for MSME 8.7.  I also tested latest for 8.8 and it was successful.  I don't think either of those can managed other versions, as the 8.8 did not update the 8.7 version, it added it in addition.  For 8.6, it reaches end of life in May this year, so we are not going to validate an eol version in the latest updates.  If you update your extension to latest, you will also need to update your msme version on the servers.

www.mcafee.com/us/support/support-eol.aspx

McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange (formerly McAfee GroupShield for Microsoft Exchange) 8.6 5/20/2021 5/19/2022

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

URGENT: 

Please supply Extension file Mcafee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.6.8.6.265.20 for V8.6. Customer has 8.8 in place several installations on 2016 DAG cluster but still one EX 2010 MTA incoming in one country we need the extension.

Service Requests 4-22616862321
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

The case is with the ePO team, we are looking for the extension and we will sent it to you

SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Thank you,

I have seen with other post in forum and tickets that in the beginning all people had problems with other extension files. We mostly removed them during other 5.10 (FORCED from EPO) but it don't think this is the way it should be.

By the way we see the same error with EPO 5.10 BUILD 12 Update. Maybe more info on the error would be helpful in the alert check?

epo510_006.jpg

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

with ePO 5.10 Cu11 we are implementing a new version of Tomcat and some extensions are not compatible with it as such each point product team have either created a new extension to be compatible with it or call it some of the legacy versions "Incompatible" 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community