cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: EPO 4.6.6 - Virus Scan 8.8 Patch 2 - Issue with Event ID 1119

Jump to solution

Jason,

Has anyone found an answer to your question? I have having this same issues and I would like resolution if someone has found a fix. Can you update the page if and when you did/do?

Thanks

-Pro

Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 13

Jump to solution

I had to submit a ticket for this, but I was given a reply and a fix.  I apologize for not posting it sooner I got distracted with other work items.  But the following is an excerpt from McAfee on how to fixt this error.

"If you note the timestamps, the two update tasks are running at the same time. The task ending in 82F5 is a locally configured task on the client (not configured in ePO). In the VSE 8.8 policy you can go to the  General Options Policies  >Display Options > and select to “Disable Default AutoUpdate Task Schedule.” This should prevent the task conflict and further prevent the event 1119 creation."

Once this setting was applied the only time I received the 1119 event message one additional time for each computer and afterwards it stopped.  The only time I still receive the Event 1119 message is if I'm dealing with a computer that was offline when we applied the fix but it is still only a one time deal.

Hope this helps...

-Jason;

Message was edited by: jjames on 5/27/14 10:35:14 AM CDT

on 5/27/14 10:36:55 AM CDT

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

I noticed this occurring in Endpoint Security (ENS) 10.6.1 as well.

In my case I think our Client Task for Product Update and this Default Client Update task schedule are both running and one is causing issues.

Was the fix to uncheck/disable that "Default Client Update task schedule" in the policy ?

It is annoying to see under the systems threat events that updates are failing, when they are actually not.

I'm going to open a new up to date thread in case the original person who had this issue or person who suggested what support recommended doesn't see my post. Thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community