cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPExtendedEventMT table

Hi All

Over the past few weeks we have seen a large amount of growth in our ePO DB.

The largest table is EPExtendedEventMT and is currently sat around 323GB , I have purged events / logs right up to the last 30 days but these have had no effect on this table and it continues to grow.

When viewing the table it looks like it holds data for alerts that have been generated but unsure how to purge any of this data.

Have a call logged with McAfee, hopefully find where the issue lies.

Regards

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: EPExtendedEventMT table

Hi helenelliott,

Hope our engineer is already in touch with you in regards to this. However additional i would like to give some more information. Never ever delete any events

I should mention that the EPEExtendedEvents table should have a FK to the EPOReferenceEvents table with a cascade delete, meaning when you delete the row from the EPOReferenceEvents table it should delete the corresponding row in the EPEExtendedEvents table. 

Also may i know what is the Agent version are you using.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: EPExtendedEventMT table

How specifically are you purging your events - through a script in sql or through a purge task in epo?  In epo 5.10, you can't just run a script to purge events from the events table, as it will leave orphaned event data in other tables.  If you ran the script in sql to purge events, send me your case number and I can send you a script to purge the orphaned events, which would affect that table.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community