cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ENS Push from EPO but VSE still resident

Jump to solution

As the Subject says. I have about 6 computers that received the push from ePO to install but did not remove VSE. It worked fine for over 3000 other PCs, but these 6 for some reason report that VSE and ENS are both resident. I am not sure the best way to proceed with these machines. I am worried that with both products resident, there will be conflicts or some other issue.

What is the best solution to resolve?

Stewart
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: ENS Push from EPO but VSE still resident

Jump to solution

On the download page is an endpoint removal tool.  You can run that to remove VSE and ENS (both need removed to get rid of remnants and to ensure syscore drivers are correct when it is reinstalled).  Use that to remove VSE and ENS, then reboot and reinstall ENS.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Is the program files directory for VSE still populated and services running, or is the agent just reporting both products?  It is a known issue where the ens install process doesn't always remove the other product application plugin for it.  If you go to this registry location, does the VSE key still exist?  I Highly doubt if both full products are still installed, as they would use some of same processes, such as mcshield.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes the key is still there. Yes the VSE Folder is still present and populated.

What would be the suggested course of action to fix this?

Also interestingly VirusScan is not showing in Uninstall programs.

I am guessing there may be more than one way to address this, but need the recommended solution.

Stewart
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

On the download page is an endpoint removal tool.  You can run that to remove VSE and ENS (both need removed to get rid of remnants and to ensure syscore drivers are correct when it is reinstalled).  Use that to remove VSE and ENS, then reboot and reinstall ENS.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community