Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbenson09
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

EEDK - powershell scripts

Jump to solution

does EEDK work with powershell scripts? we are trying to test a powershell script that will download the Zoom client from the internet and install it, but receive errors after the client task is received by the agent.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbenson09
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Re: EEDK - powershell scripts

Jump to solution

Update: I could not find any logs, but I got this work by creating a bat file that runs the powershell script and choosing the folder option in the tool. the tool basically zipped both scripts into the same file. the command to run was also set to just run the bat.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, it does.  Check out this guide, as it has some examples.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-Endpoint-Deployment-Kit-EEDK-Getting-starte...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

rbenson09
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I was looking at that and didn't see a specific call out for powershell scripts. does this tool produce a log or is there another log that describes the install error i see in the agent status monitor in detail?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

The tool itself does not generate any logs unless you tell it to in the script.  However, if it is installing some point product, there should be install logs for that.  The mcscript deploy log may show something, but it will only show to the point of it downloading the files and executing it.  Once the script is executed, it is out of the hands of the agent.  The agent will then just report success or failure.

You might want to consider configuring the script to log everything it does and save it in windows\temp\mcafeelogs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

rbenson09
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Update: I could not find any logs, but I got this work by creating a bat file that runs the powershell script and choosing the folder option in the tool. the tool basically zipped both scripts into the same file. the command to run was also set to just run the bat.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community