Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Download Software Product list Fails intermittently-ePO 4.6

Hi,

We have 2

ePO servers in our environment, ePO 4.6 Patch 2 and ePO 4.6 Patch 3. I have scheduled the task for downloading Software product list 4 times in day and evening. but it fails atleast 2 or 3 times before downloading the product list successfully. I have observed this behavior on both ePO 4.6 P1 and P3. when i run the task manually it downloads successfully always. There is no proxy server or firewall blocking the conection, also i can ping to epo.mcafee.com and telnet to port 443. there is no other error in ePOAppsrvr logs other than the below,

9/4/12 1:59:46 PM Started: Download Software Product List
9/4/12 1:59:51 PM Downloading file C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp.
9/4/12 1:59:51 PM Downloading file C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp.
9/4/12 2:01:56 PM Failed to download file C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp. There was an error connecting to the server (12030).
9/4/12 2:01:56 PM Failed to download file C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp. There was an error connecting to the server (12030).
9/4/12 2:01:56 PM Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server.
9/4/12 2:01:56 PM Completed: Download Software Product List (Failed to download the products list due to "Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server.")

any help would be appreciated!

12 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13

Re: Download Software Product list Fails intermittently-ePO 4.6

As far as I know this is happening on almost every ePO server I installed with any patch so it must be something at McAfee's site (perhaps overload or something similar...)

andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 13

same here on all my installs

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13

I dont think mine has ever worked automatically, I just go in and do it when I can. only running once per day on 4.6.1

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 13

so i guess this is a known issue, but i don't see it documented anywhere in the known issues list of ePO 4.6 patches.

anyone from McAfee got any answer for this issue ? it would be nice to know the real reason for this unexplained problem!

rackroyd
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

On a cursory search i'm not actually finding support cases being opened in regards to this.

If you are finding issues, please open a case with McAfee support so it can be investigated.

If anyone has already done so, please share the case numbers if you can so the present status can be dug out for the thread.

thanks,

Rob.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13

Happening on 4.6.3 for me as well.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 13

From epo server try:

telnet epo.mcafee.com 443  (

Can you access?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13

I just edited the update task and now 'magically' the process is working on mine. Maybe the task was running as the service account or something.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 13

Hi folks,

We recently upgraded from ePO 4.5.4 to 4.6.4 and sure enough, the same issue stated above began occuring. I had the exact same error. Then I saw pierce's post here and DING! It worked after editing the server task, saving and re-running.

Thanks pierce!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community