Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alp
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Distributed repositories

Hi all,

I was trying to convert one agent to super agent. I enabled super agent from policy catalog and then I send wake up and super agent wake up call. When I checked  properties of the system, super agent was enabled but when I checked the distributed repository, I could not see the system.  I followed the same steps for different system and I can see it under distributed repository. Also, after wake up call, last communication of the system did not changed. If agent fails to communicate with epo server then how super agent was  enabled?  

1 Reply
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Distributed repositories

On the superagent system, go to c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs and look at the masvc log.  It will show you what server it is talking to (epo or agent handler if applicable) and what the failure or success is.  If the client receives a response from the server but communication is failing (maybe 503 or some other error response), then check the server log on the server it attempted to connect to.  If it is not receiving a response, show the error here, but be sure to leave off server names and ip's.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community