cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Display EPO dashboard within solarwinds orion

I am trying to display EPO dashboard data (Threat events last 2 weeks; threat descriptions last 24 hours, etc) within our SolarWinds Orion dashboard. Orion has an html component, but it adds it as an iframe. I keep getting a blank frame. When I inspect element, I get "Load denied by X-Frame-Options: https://EPOSERVER:8443/core/orionNavigationLogin.do does not permit cross-origin framing" in the console. Is there a better way or any tips to get this working? Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display EPO dashboard within solarwinds orion

Hi dwalker6,

I suspect you have come into contact with a security enhancement built (hard coded) into ePO that denies 'X-Frame' operations.

It would be worth calling/checking with support to see if that is in case the fact or not.

You should have ready for review ePOs MER file, you could setup ePO Orion to run in debug for the duration of the load attempt , although if my suspicion is correct little (if anything helpful) will be written to it, (security reasons.)

How to enable debug logging and log size for Orion.log in ePolicy Orchestrator 

Once the attempt (replication of the matter) is done, please remember to switch debug off, its not necessary to leave ePO is debug mode.
(On busy systems performance can suffer.)

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display EPO dashboard within solarwinds orion

I am not sure if SolarWinds has a component to connect to a different database to pull data, but you might be able to get info from using same query syntax for the dashboard queries and pull from the database.  Otherwise, I don't believe epo will allow that function to prevent vulnerabilities.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community