Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LT1
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Diretory path exclusions from scan

Hi. I am trying to exclude from the AV scan some directorys, as this machines works as servers for virtual machines, and those specific files being scanned impact the usage. These 4 machines ineherit their policies from the group and have both access, and on-demand scan. I am trying to exclude: 1. one set of directories from 2 machines 2. a different set of directories from the other 2. How would you set this? Make 2 specific policies for above group 1 and 2, break inheritance, and apply the scan with the exclusions? I can only find official mcafee doc on file exclusions for whole policy, and would like to apply it just for these 2 target machines and not to the other 300.
3 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Diretory path exclusions from scan

You would need to create a separate policy for just those systems, then select each system individually, actions, agent, edit policy on a single system.  You will then break inheritance and apply that new policy to each system.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

ChrisQ
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

You can create sub-branches in the ePO system tree, break inheritance and apply specific policies to those branches. Then move systems that require the policies into those branches. 

This is easier than applying policies to individual machines if the number of machines needing different policies grows.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Yea, but he said there were only 2 machines, so either way can work - just depends on how you want to handle it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community