cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device reachable (ping) but unmanaged

Hello,

Please forgive me if this is something simplistic, as I'm very new the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. My organization has recently been unable to successfully push down the McAfee EPO agent to any of the workstations within our domain. These PC's are pingable and reachable by the EPO, but are not becoming managed after attempting to deploy the agent to the workstations. I've attempted to use multiple accounts to deploy the agent and all of them have administrative credentials to install the agent as well. The server is also supposed to stop attempting to deploy the package after 5 minutes if it has been unable to successfully deploy it, but these devices still appear as unmanaged with the console. The devices are in the same domain, and same network segment as they have always been as well.

We have a manual installation package to deploy the agents, and this is working successfully, but we cannot deploy the agent from the server - down. Please let me know any tips for anything I should look at and check. Thank you!

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Device reachable (ping) but unmanaged

To deploy MA from ePO server, make sure that we are meeting the environmental requirement.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB56386

For details about ePO ping function, please look into 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88001

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

As Hem pointed out, the environmental requirements must be met first. The server log on the epo server or agent handler will show a push failed, err=53 or some other number. You can go to cmd prompt to determine what that error is. net helpmsg 53 That will return what that error code means. With that one, the network path can't be reached, either by dns issues, firewall in place, or some other environmental issue where the system is not accessible. From the epo server, it needs to be able to map a drive to the admin$ of the client, write to it, and install a temporary service that starts the install.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hey folks, thank you for your help. It turned out there were items backed up in the Server Task Log. After clearing these out, I was able to begin pushing down the agent to hundreds of more workstations within my environment. I appreciate your help!

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Glad to hear it!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Dear, I have the same issue cloud you please let me know how did you fix it ?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

You first have to make sure all environmental requirements are met.  See KB56386.  Also, the server log on epo server records specific error code when it fails.  Example would be err=53 or 1326, or some other error code.  To find out what that error code is, go to cmd prompt and type

net helpmsg 53

That will return network path not found, so for any reason at all (there are many), it can't reach the system. 

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community