cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v.kubasek
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

Deployment task do nothing (ePO 5.10 , MA 5.6.1.157)

Hello, we have problem with intsaling producst from ePO. Most computers are running well but on we have 20% of comuters what have for example DE: Go (Drive encryption) , DE: Agent and no DE: Windows where we can't deploy products.

So whan I try run clietnt task depleymen, everything is looking fine (statust on epo and agent is finished) but on endpoint is not isntalled the product. And in log is no mor information then this one:

The task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment is successful
scheduler 2019-06-12 10:57:58 Info Scheduler: Task [McAfee Agent > Product Deployment] is finished
scheduler 2019-06-12 10:57:58 Info The task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment is freed.

p2p on MA is disabled.

ePO is Last version (5.10 Update 3)

MA is 5.6.1.157 

DE is 7.2.8.4

Any Idea what next? Thank you very much.

14 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 15

Re: Deployment task do nothing (ePO 5.10 , MA 5.6.1.157)

Check the mcscript deploy log for errors as well as the masvc log on the client.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 15

We need to look into MA logs on the client machine. Would suggest to open case with support.

v.kubasek
Level 7
Message 4 of 15

Thank you. The ticket has been opend. 19999298391
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 15

On the system you uploaded a mer for, the macompatsvc service (backwards compatibility or McAfee framework) is not running.  That is the service that communicates via lpc with the point product for property collection, policy enforcement, etc.  With that not running, it cannot communicate with the point product to get its properties. 

In the system info file in your mer, the service state and start mode shows unknown, so apparently there is an issue with that particular service on the client.  I would suggest running a forceinstall of the agent to reinstall it and see if that clears it up and allows the service to run.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

v.kubasek
Level 7
Message 6 of 15

So tried to reinstall agent but there was no change.

I tried: Deployment task with /forceinstall and agent>deploy agent with force flag.

And I was looking for the services macompatsvc on my computer where is not problem and the sevices is not there.

There is only similar macmnsvc.

So what next please? Reinstalling agent doesn't look like a good way.

Thank you very much.

v.kubasek
Level 7
Message 7 of 15

I'm apologize and I found the services. It is McAfeeFramewrok services. The service is not running and cannot be started. Any idea what next?

Thank you.

mcnewidea
Level 9
Message 8 of 15

i have 264 computer with windows system, they never comunicate whit console, many reason are for software that block comunication, example, checkpoint, other type firewall up, and other time is necessary reinstall agent manualy.

maybe you check out first using ping on their 20%

v.kubasek
Level 7
Message 9 of 15

Thank you. But there is not FW, and computers is comincate with epo. But the deployment is not working. Ping is ok. For exmple. Two same laptops of the same image and the same manufacturer on one table side by side and one is ok and the other one have this problem.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 15

If the macompatsvc (mcafeeframework) service won't start, that is a problem.  I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee so we can figure out what is happening with it.  If you downgrade the agent to the original 5.6.0.702 version, does it work?  You can downgrade it with using the forceinstall switch.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community