cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deploy McAfee Agent Server Task hungs Epo 5.10

Jump to solution
This task submitted at 11:13:22 remains with the status "Waiting" The task is executed if the server is restarted
Eng
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Deploy McAfee Agent Server Task hungs Epo 5.10

Jump to solution

Update 1 for ePO 5.10 fixed this for us.  Available from McAfee support.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Please check kb83384 to see if it applies.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Update 1 for ePO 5.10 fixed this for us.  Available from McAfee support.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution
The kb83384 was applied
the problem keeps on
Eng
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue and it seems kb83384 no longer exists... Can anyone tell me what that KB might have said?

Thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

KB83384 was for where the internal dbcleanup task wasn't updating its runtime any longer and not running.  You first want to validate whether the cleanup task is running at all or not, or even if it exists - if you haven't installed any updates yet in epo 5.10, the base install was missing that internal task.  So, you first want to run this:

Select * from OrionTaskQueueMT where taskdescription like '%DB Clean-up%'

It should return 2 results, one that runtime and enqueued time update every minute when you re-run the query, and one that updates every hour.  That second one is for policy cleanup, so that one is not relevant to this issue.  You need to validate that those times are updating.

If, however, it only returns one result that updates every hour, or none, then apply CU4.  If you have already, run it again with the repair option.  If that doesn't fix, then follow kb94114.

If the task exists but are not updating every minute, it may be due to a backlog in the datachannel work queue.  

Run this script - select count (*) from epoagenthandlerdatachannelwqmt

If that count is large, then you want to truncate that table.  See attached script.

Then, check your enqueued and runtimes again for the dbcleanup task to see if they start updating.  If they don't, this is the query that was in the now unpublished kb (because it shouldn't be relevant anymore, as that was an issue with daylight savings time and is fixed in later versions of epo).

stop epo services
update OrionTaskQueueMT set RunTime=GETUTCDATE() where taskdescription like '%dbclean%'
update OrionTaskQueueMT set RunTime=GETUTCDATE() where taskdescription like '%task.queue%'
start epo services

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for that. I do have both results for the first SQL query. I am on EPO 5.10 update 4.

I rebooted the server prior to doing this, and that seems to have cleared it up...so I will keep this handy for next time. Seems to happen once a month or so.

Out of curiosity, could this happen if the DB server was rebooted and the EPO server was not rebooted? Just wondering if they maybe patched our DB server and rebooted and my EPO server only partially connected back to the database (log ins and everything else seems to work, just not server tasks).

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes, that is possible since some of those tasks require a response for the status for completion.  

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Perfect. Thanks again for your help!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!  You can also mark as solution whatever fixed it for you.  There are sometimes more than one solution and others can try those solutions when needed.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community