cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Delete option not available in Mcafee Agent/Product Deployment Client Task Catalog

Jump to solution

There are several Client tasks that do not have a Delete option.  And Owners - Administrators is greyed out (not a link)

Some examples...

ENS Install Windows CWD  

ENS Install Linux CWD

Policy Auditor Install Windows CWD

They all have CWD at the end. They predate my existence here so Im not sure what CWD means.  

Thanks, Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Delete option not available in Mcafee Agent/Product Deployment Client Task Catalog

Jump to solution

I found a similar problem/solution for deployment tasks.  I was able to go into the EPOTaskObjectsMT table and delete the entries

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Delete option not available in Mcafee Agent/Product Deployment Client Task Catalog

Jump to solution

Hello @Trymelatr 

Thanks for your response.

CWD stands for Cloud Workload Discovery and now this has been replaced by CWS which is Cloud Workload Security.

Please check from client task catalog and see whether the option is available or not to delete.

Also you can check whether this is assigned to any single machine.

Worth checking whether the extensions are checked-in or not.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I saw the Cloud Workload Discovery in google searches but I didnt think it applied. There are no extensions for anything Cloud related. This is on an EPO server on a closed network.  I setup the server and did a migration from an old server to this one...so maybe there was something installed on the old one. But I dont know why they would have anything cloud related on a closed network.  

There are no assignments for these tasks. and the Delete option is missing in Client Task Catalog.  The only options available are Duplicate or Assign.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Go to menu, product deployment.  Do you see any of those configured there?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

There are no Product Deployments.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

In the client task catalog, there is an action column.  Are the only options available duplicate and assign?  If so, these seem to be default tasks added by an extension, most likely cwd.  If the server used to have CWS or CWD installed and then removed, most likely retain client tasks and policies was enabled in server settings.  The only safe way I know of to get rid of them is to check back in the extension, disable policy and task retention, remove the extension again and see if the tasks go away.  You would want to then re-enable policy and task retention again.  

I am checking in that extension in my test server to see if I see the same things.  I will get back with you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I found a similar problem/solution for deployment tasks.  I was able to go into the EPOTaskObjectsMT table and delete the entries

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

You can do it that way too, but we don't recommend modifying the database directly, as there are related tables that hold info on those tasks, and unless we provide the script to do so.  Hopefully it would have done a cascade delete on the associated tables also.  

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community