Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigR1
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Delete entire events table in epo

One our our onsite epo's has a very large database of events. I do not need any of these events and wish to simply clear the whole table and start again. I was originally using the recommended SQL queries for deleting events as found here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92098 But its incredibly slow and causes very large Log files which I cannot accomodate. I wondered if its possible to simply truncate the entire table? I'm not a SQL guru and not sure if there is any issues with doing just this, particular in regards to ePO and whats its expecting? i'm after the quickest and least space consuming method for clearing off every event from this epo.
1 Reply
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Delete entire events table in epo

You can not truncate the table as it has foreign keys and dependencies and building those back again is tedious and not supported by us.

Probably is best to work with this article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68961

It will guide you to find the top 10 events and purge them from the DB along with shrinking the DB.

Also i can advise you to modify the script and do it by batches, so the part that mentions this: 

delete top(10000)  

Try reducing the amount of events so that it give you a chance to work on regaining the space

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community