cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXL Broker not being recognized in Layer Fabric

I am using ePO version 5.10 and we are trying to use the DXL. We installed the DXL Broker 6.0.0.203 in a Windows Server and the installation is fine.
But, when we return to ePO, the DXL is not being recognized in the Data Exchange Layer Fabric.
I did the configuration of the DXL Topology in the Server Settings and the DXL Broker is still not being recognized and the DXL Client for ePO is showing Not Connected state.

18 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 19

Re: DXL Broker not being recognized in Layer Fabric

Does the broker system have the dxlbroker tag?  How exactly is your topology set up - have you configured a hub?  I would really suggest opening ticket with McAfee as something like this we would need to see data from the broker and epo.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 19

Also, if the DXL client for ePO shows not connected then that might be the first problem to look at, as the dxl client for ePO will specifically connect to DXL and then display the fabric.

To do do this please ensure you do not have multiple fabrics and ePO is connecting to only one of them, meaning on your Server settings> DXL topology, ensure that there are no brokers detach of the main fabric, there should be on top a root hub and all brokers should be attached to that root hub, this is an example from my lab:

correct,
1.png

incorrect:

2.png

My topology is simple with just 1 DXL Windows Server 2016 with Agent Handler.

dxltopology.png

-=-=

Checking the dxlbroker.log file, I identified the following events.

[5652] 05/24/2021 9:10:51 [I] dxlbroker policy notification callback invoked for reason: 1 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\policyprovider.cpp:99)
[9424] 05/24/2021 9:10:51 [I] dxlbroker provider callback invoked for product id: DXLBROKR1000 (brokerlib\maplugin\src\propertyprovider.cpp:71)

-=-=

A doubt, the telnet test on port 8883 must be multidirectional ePO <--> DXL or unidirectional DXL -> ePO?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 19

https://kb.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB83713 - it is outbound from client to the dlx broker.

Do you have a hub created in your topology?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank you so much!

I don't have a hub.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 19

You need to set up a hub for it.

Was my reply helpful?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 19

Then that means ePO can not connect to the only broker you have, that is done indeed outbound from ePO on port 8883, some networking test might help here.

From the ePO box could you telnet the brokers IP on the port 8883? (if not changed)

I will create the hub.
Communication from ePO to DXL on port 8883 via telnet is OK
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 19

Let us know if the hub helps and the broker is listed in that.  I believe it might

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community