cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Epo Upgrade Edition

Hi McAfee team We have suggestion for upgrade DB express edition to Standard/Enterprise edition cause running out DB space EPo. (Epo and Epo DB in same server) We have 2 mechanism for upgrade: 1. Create new server for upgrade 2. Upgrade on existing server Do you have any concern about point 2? however we know safely step is point 1 but we have limited resource, so glad to hear any advice in detail from you
2 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: DB Epo Upgrade Edition

I can suggest you take a back up from the DB and the ePO server as described on KB66616 before you upgrade your SQL server to a standard/enterprise version. If that upgrade is possible on the same server on the same instance then it should be OK for us too, juts ensure the instance is the same or if is a new instance then ensure those details are updated accordingly after the upgrade on the ePO config page, see "3 – Configure ePO and verify connectivity:" from the article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68427

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: DB Epo Upgrade Edition

When you install standard, I believe it installs its own instance rather than just upgrading sqlexpress (I could be wrong).  In that case, it would then be the same process as moving the database to different location on same server and attaching it to the new sql instance.  If you create a new sql server and move the database there, the procedure for both scenarios would be covered in https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68427

If you do create a new sql server, then I would highly suggest to download IISCrypto (free utility), run it and choose best practices and reboot.  That will ensure the new sql server has the right ciphers and protocols that epo needs to connect to it.  Be sure also to set up the account you are using to connect to the database in the new server or instance with appropriate permissions and default database as master.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community